Welcome to the Sand Marble Rally Wiki! Edit
Welcome to the Sand Marble Rally wiki, here you will find all kinds of information, including the current standings, past season results, and competitor information.
What is the Sand Marble Rally? Edit
The Sand Marble Rally is a youtube series on the Jelle'sMarbleRuns channel. This series features many multicolered, and nicknamed, marbles rolling down a man-made sand track. At the end of the season, the marble with the most points wins.
The inagural season of the sand marble rally was in 2016, and the competition has been run annually ever since. Usually the season consists of 12 races split into two halfs, with 6 races being run before the summer MarbleLympics and the final six after the MarbleLympics tournament. The 2018 tournament used a different format involving an A and B division, with 8 and 4 races being run for each division respectively. The 2019 tournament will possibly get more different courses. Instead only sand, there will be also courses on snow, dirt and other terrain.
2018: 18th August - 2nd December
2017: 1st April - 8th December
2016:18th June - 12th November
There are many obstacles and special track elements on the sand courses which can hinder or just help the marbles. From the 2018 tournament onwards, most "artifical" obstacles (like the Dummy Balls, rotating chevron sign, barrier trap) are removed to make the races more fair.
- Split / Junction
- Rotating mill / beacon / chevron sign
- Jump / Ramp
- Unrimmed curve
- Plinko board
- Cone / Halfpipe
- Loose Items (These items can sometimes be moved by marbles after been hit, but can also bounce back the marbles)
- Dummy Balls: They will just roll down the course after been hit.
- Conifer Cones, Acorns, Chestnuts: These things will just roll down a part of the course and can hinder the marbles, but these can be pushed off track.
- Sticks / Twigs: Loose sticks or twigs can be pushed aside of the track. However, a stick or twig which has been pushed in the course can bounce the marbles back. They are usually found in splits or junctions.
- Tree roots: They will launch or bounce back marbles when struck.
- Stones / Rocks / Pebbles: Little ones will be simply pushed away, but larger ones will bounce off or misdirect the marbles. When a marble hits a stone with high speed, the marble can suffer injury which eliminate the marble from the rest of the tournament.
- Leaves: These will reduce the speed of the marbles.