The Sand Marble Rally is a marble sports event, which is hosted yearly. In the Sand Marble Rally, marbles race in tracks made out of sand on a sandy hillside.
The tracks are usually built on the same day as the race and usually there are 2 races per lay-out. The tracks are pretty much built randomly by Jelle Bakker. There are different places where races have been held.
In both the 2016 Sand Marble Rally and 2017 Sand Marble Rally there were obstacles placed on the tracks. Obstacles were removed for the 2018 Sand Marble Rally to make the races more fair and less reliant on luck.
A list of obstacles:Edit
- Rotating objects (Spinner & Rotating Chevron Sign)
- Pliko Board
- Dummy Balls (only in races 3 & 4 (2017))
- Unrimmed Curve
- Dummy Balls: They will just roll down the course after been hit.
- Conifer Cones, Acorns, Chestnuts: These things will just roll down a part of the course and can hinder the marbles, but these can be pushed off track.
- Sticks / Twigs: Loose sticks or twigs can be pushed aside of the track. However, a stick or twig which has been pushed in the course can bounce the marbles back. They are usually found in splits or junctions.
- Tree roots: They will launch or bounce back marbles when struck.
- Stones / Rocks / Pebbles: Little ones will be simply pushed away, but larger ones will bounce off or misdirect the marbles. When a marble hits a stone with high speed, the marble can suffer injury which can eliminate the marble from the rest of the tournament.
- Leaves: These will reduce the speed of the marbles.
|All Sand Marble Rally races|
|2016: R1 · R2 · R3 · R4 · R5 · R6 · R7 · R8 · R9 · R10 · R11 · R12|
2017: R1 · R2 · R3 · R4 · R5 · R6 · R7 · R8 · R9 · R10 · R11 · R12 · F
2018: R1 · R2 · R3 · R4 · R5 · R6 · R7 · R8