Marbula E is a marble racing tournament held by Jelle's Marble Runs, in collaboration with Formula E and sponsored by Envision Virgin Racing. The name of the tournament is a portmanteau of "marble" and "Formula E". Similar to JMR's own Marbula One, races in Marbula E are lap-based. However, races last for 05:30 + 1 lap as opposed to a set number of laps in Marbula One.
Unlike Marbula One, the teams competing in Marbula E are based on real Formula E teams. In addition, the race tournament's commentator is Jack Nicholls, the official commentator for Formula E, instead of the usual JMR commentator Greg Woods. However, due to feedback from viewers of the first event, Greg Woods was called in to co-commentate the tournament, starting from the second event.
Races in Marbula E are referred to as M-Prix, another play on the E-Prix in Formula E, and tracks used for each M-Prix event are scaled-down recreations of real-life E-Prix racetracks. Each M-Prix event is slated to be held on dates following the original 2019/20 Formula E season schedule.
The first M-Prix was held on 18 April 2020, using a track based on that of the Paris street circuit. The second M-Prix was held on 2 May 2020, using a track based on the Seoul street circuit. The third M-Prix was held on 6 June 2020, using a track based on the Jakarta street circuit.
|1||Paris M-Prix||18 April 2020||ROKiT Venturi Racing||Mercedes-Benz EQ|
|2||Seoul M-Prix||2 May 2020||GEOX Dragon||Panasonic Jaguar Racing|
|3||Jakarta M-Prix||6 June 2020||TAG Heuer Porsche||BMW i Andretti Motorsport|
|2nd||BMW i Andretti Motorsport||15||1||25||41|
|3rd||TAG Heuer Porsche||1||18||12||31|
|4th||Panasonic Jaguar Racing||0||25||4||29|
|6th||ROKiT Venturi Racing||18||8||2||28|
|10th||Audi Sport ABT Schaeffler||4||4||0||8|
|12th||Envision Virgin Racing||0||0||1||1|
Table Legend Edit
|25||Winner of the race|
|18||Runner-up of the race|
|15||Third place of the race|
|[Point total]||Points earned (4th - 10th)|
|0||No points earned (11th/12th)|
|0||Did not finish|
|[Bold text]||Pole position|
- This race tournament series was originally conceived as an April Fools' joke, due to an announcement that was released on 1 April 2020.
- This race tournament series is an actual spin-off of Marbula One. However, it is worth noting that Marbula E has nothing to do with the JMR marbleverse lore.
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 1.2 GrandAdmiralMellacus (17th April 2020). Marbula E Teaser Trailer and Announcement. Reddit.
- ↑ Formula E. Wikipedia. Retrieved on 19th April 2020.
- ↑ ENVISION VIRGIN RACING GET THE BALL ROLLING WITH LAUNCH OF WORLD’S FIRST ‘MARBULA-E’ SERIES. Envision Virgin Racing. Retrieved on 19th April 2020.
- ↑ ENVISION VIRGIN RACING HOPING TO BOUNCE BACK IN SECOND ROUND OF MARBULA-E. Envision Virgin Racing. Retrieved on 30th April 2020.