In the 2019 MarbleLympics Showdown 12 teams competed, including the 8 MarbleLympics teams who failed to qualify for MarbleLympics 2019, the top 2 Hubelino teams of the 2018 Hubelino Tournament and 2 fan-made teams.
Fan Team Contest Edit
The Fan Team Contest, introduced in 2019, allowed fans to submit a team for election to compete in the MarbleLympics Showdown. There were a lot of different rules for the submission
- Submission phase from 26 February - 5 March
- Promotion phase from 6 March - 10 March
- Voting round 1 from 11 March - 15 March
- Voting round 2 from 18 March - 22 March
- Voting Round 1 gave each voter the ability to choose up to 5 teams out of the 21 submitted teams to give a vote to. Then the net result was taken. In the end 8 teams advanced.
- Voting Round 2 used the "single transferable vote" system. Each voter would rank the 8 fan-made teams based on preference. The team with the least raw first-position votes had its votes transferred to whichever team the voter had ranked second. This went on for each round until only two teams remained.
|Team Name||Method of Qualification||Year of Origin|
|Limers||13th Place in ML2019 Qualifiers||2016|
|Team Momo||14th Place in ML2019 Qualifiers||2016|
|Rojo Rollers||15th Place in ML2019 Qualifiers||2016|
|Kobalts||16th Place in ML2019 Qualifiers||2016|
|Jawbreakers||17th Place in ML2019 Qualifiers||2016|
|Snowballs||18th Place in ML2019 Qualifiers||2016|
|Shining Swarm||19th Place in ML2019 Qualifiers||2017|
|Team Primary||20th Place in ML2019 Qualifiers||2016|
|Bumblebees||Winners of HT2018||2018|
|Minty Maniacs||2nd Place in HT2018||2016|
|Hornets||Winner of Fan Team Contest||2019|
|Turtle Sliders||2nd Place in Fan Team Contest||2019|
|1||Sand Rally||16 August 2019||Jawbreakers|
|2||Collision||25 August 2019||Rojo Rollers||Hornets||Shining Swarm|
|3||Funnel Race||6 September 2019||Snowballs|
|4||Balancing||13 September 2019||Team Primary||Snowballs||Hornets|
Event 1 of the Marble League Showdown was the sand rally. The race was contested on the same course as the 2019 Marble League finale.
Event 1 Results:
|7th||Rojo Rollers||Rojo Cuatro||2:15.28||5|
|8th||Minty Maniacs||Minty Drizzel||2:15.55||4|
Event 2 Results:
|1st||Rojo Rollers||D||Winner final||20 pts|
|2nd||Hornets||A||Runner-up final||15 pts|
|3rd||Shining Swarm||A||Winner 3rd place match||12 pts|
|4th||Team Primary||D||Loser 3rd place match||9 pts|
|Eliminated in the quarter-finals|
|5th||Turtle Sliders||C||Loser Quarter-final A||3||4||-1||N/A||7 pts|
|6th||Snowballs||C||Loser Quarter-final C||2||3||-1||N/A||6 pts|
|7th||Team Momo||B||Loser Quarter-final D||2||3||-1||N/A||5 pts|
|8th||Jawbreakers||B||Loser Quarter-final B||1||4||-3||N/A||4 pts|
|Eliminated in the group stage|
|12th||Minty Maniacs||B||2||0||0||2||2||7||-5||0||0 pts|
Rankings for 5th-8th based on result in the quarter-final.
Rankings for 9th-12th based on results in group stage.
Tiebreakers are based on points difference in the group stages.
Event 3 Results:
|2nd||Minty Maniacs||Minty Swirl||1:56.21||15|
|3rd||Rojo Rollers||Rojo Dos||1:44.70||12|
Event 4 Results:
Standings After Each Event Edit
|Team||Sand Rally||Collision||Funnel Race||Balancing|
Overall Standings Edit
|Team||Sand Rally||Collision||Funnel Race||Balancing||Total|
- The MarbleLympics Showdown saw the Minty Maniacs return to a ML-related competition after previously withdrawing from participation in MarbleLympics 2019 Qualifiers. They will be the first team to come out of "retirement".
- It is currently unknown what will happen to the four teams that do not place in the top eight and qualify for the ML2020 Qualifiers. This will be determined prior to the release of MS2019.
- In the Balancing event, the Rojo Rollers were the only team that got less than 200 Points.
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 Geeism (31st March 2019). A debrief on how the voting went down for the Fan Team Contest. Reddit.