Twelve teams competed in the Marble League Showdown 2019, including the 8 Marble League teams that failed to qualify for Marble League 2019, the top 2 Hubelino teams of the Hubelino Tournament 2018 and 2 fan-made teams.
Fan Team Contest
The Fan Team Contest, introduced in 2019, allowed fans to submit a team for election to compete in the Marble League Showdown. There were a lot of different rules for the submission
- Submission phase from 26 February - 5 March
- Promotion phase from 6 March - 10 March
- Voting round 1 from 11 March - 15 March
- Voting round 2 from 18 March - 22 March
- Voting Round 1 gave each voter the ability to choose up to 5 teams out of the 21 submitted teams to give a vote to. Then the net result was taken. In the end 8 teams advanced.
- Voting Round 2 used the "single transferable vote" system. Each voter would rank the 8 fan-made teams based on preference. The team with the least raw first-position votes had its votes transferred to whichever team the voter had ranked second. This went on for each round until only two teams remained.
|Team Name||Method of Qualification||Year of Origin|
|Limers||13th Place in ML2019 Qualifiers||2016|
|Team Momo||14th Place in ML2019 Qualifiers||2016|
|Rojo Rollers||15th Place in ML2019 Qualifiers||2016|
|Kobalts||16th Place in ML2019 Qualifiers||2016|
|Jawbreakers||17th Place in ML2019 Qualifiers||2016|
|Snowballs||18th Place in ML2019 Qualifiers||2016|
|Shining Swarm||19th Place in ML2019 Qualifiers||2017|
|Team Primary||20th Place in ML2019 Qualifiers||2016|
|Bumblebees||Winners of HT2018||2018|
|Minty Maniacs||2nd Place in HT2018||2016|
|Hornets||Winner of Fan Team Contest||2019|
|Turtle Sliders||2nd Place in Fan Team Contest||2019|
|1||Sand Rally||16 August 2019||Jawbreakers
|2||Collision||25 August 2019||Rojo Rollers||Hornets||Shining Swarm|
|3||Funnel Race||6 September 2019||Snowballs
|4||Balancing||13 September 2019||Team Primary||Snowballs||Hornets|
Event 1 of the Marble League Showdown was the sand rally. The race was contested on the same course as the Marble League 2019 finale.
Event 1 Results:
|7th||Rojo Rollers||Rojo Cuatro||2:15.28||5|
|8th||Minty Maniacs||Minty Drizzel||2:15.55||4|
Event 2 Results:
|1st||Rojo Rollers||D||Winner final||20 pts|
|2nd||Hornets||A||Runner-up final||15 pts|
|3rd||Shining Swarm||A||Winner 3rd place match||12 pts|
|4th||Team Primary||D||Loser 3rd place match||9 pts|
|Eliminated in the quarter-finals|
|5th||Turtle Sliders||C||Loser Quarter-final A||3||4||-1||N/A||7 pts|
|6th||Snowballs||C||Loser Quarter-final C||2||3||-1||N/A||6 pts|
|7th||Team Momo||B||Loser Quarter-final D||2||3||-1||N/A||5 pts|
|8th||Jawbreakers||B||Loser Quarter-final B||1||4||-3||N/A||4 pts|
|Eliminated in the group stage|
|12th||Minty Maniacs||B||2||0||0||2||2||7||-5||0||0 pts|
Rankings for 5th-8th based on result in the quarter-final.
Rankings for 9th-12th based on results in group stage.
Tiebreakers are based on points difference in the group stages.
Event 3 Results:
|2nd||Minty Maniacs||Minty Swirl||1:56.21||15|
|3rd||Rojo Rollers||Rojo Dos||1:44.70||12|
Event 4 Results:
Standings After Each Event
|Team||Sand Rally||Collision||Funnel Race||Balancing|
|Team||Sand Rally||Collision||Funnel Race||Balancing||Total|
- The Marble League Showdown saw the Minty Maniacs return to a ML-related competition after previously withdrawing from participation in Marble League 2019 Qualifiers. They will be the first team to come out of "retirement".
- The four teams that did not place in the top eight (Shining Swarm, Kobalts, Turtle Sliders, and Limers) will participate next in the Marble League Showdown 2020.
- In the Balancing event, the Rojo Rollers were the only team that got less than 200 points.
- The tournament was sponsored by SeatGeek.
- Four teams from the Showdown went on to qualify for Marble League 2020, with Minty Maniacs finishing highest among them, in third place.
- Geeism (31st March 2019). A debrief on how the voting went down for the Fan Team Contest. Reddit.
|Tournaments||2016 · 2017 · 2018 · 2019 · 2020 · 2021|
|Qualification||2016 · 2017 · 2018 · 2019 · 2020|
|Friendly Rounds||2018 · 2019 · 2020|
|Marble League Showdown||2019 · 2020|
|Stadiums||Bakker Bowl · Arctic Circle · Seven Seas Stadium · Andromedome|
|Miscellaneous||Marble League Records · Teams · Individual Performances · Appearances · Jelle's Marble Runs Committee|