In the 2019 MarbleLympics Showdown 12 teams will compete, including the 8 MarbleLympics teams who failed to qualify for the main MarbleLympics, the top 2 Hubelino teams of the 2018 Hubelino Tournament and 2 fan-made teams.
|Team Name||Method of Qualification||Year of Origin|
|Limers||13th Place in ML2019 Qualifiers||2016|
|Team Momo||14th Place in ML2019 Qualifiers||2016|
|Rojo Rollers||15th Place in ML2019 Qualifiers||2016|
|Kobalts||16th Place in ML2019 Qualifiers||2016|
|Jawbreakers||17th Place in ML2019 Qualifiers||2016|
|Snowballs||18th Place in ML2019 Qualifiers||2016|
|Shining Swarm||19th Place in ML2019 Qualifiers||2017|
|Team Primary||20th Place in ML2019 Qualifiers||2016|
|Bumblebees||Winners of HT2018||2018|
|Minty Maniacs||2nd Place in HT2018||2016|
|Hornets||Winner of Fan Team Contest||2019|
|Turtle Sliders||2nd Place in Fan Team Contest||2019|
Fan Team Contest Edit
The Fan Team Contest, introduced in 2019, allowed fans to submit a team for election to compete in the MarbleLympics Showdown. There were a lot of different rules for the submission
- Submission phase from 26 February - 5 March
- Promotion phase from 6 March - 10 March
- Voting round 1 from 11 March - 15 March
- Voting round 2 from 18 March - 22 March
- Voting Round 1 gave each voter the ability to choose up to 5 teams out of the 21 submitted teams to give a vote to. Then the net result was taken. In the end 8 teams advanced.
- Voting Round 2 used the "single transferable vote" system. Each voter would rank the 8 fan-made teams based on preference. The team with the least raw first-position votes had its votes transferred to whichever team the voter had ranked second. This went on for each round until only two teams remained.
On June 18, 2019, in an announcement on the official Discord server, the four planned events were revealed to be:
- Sand Rally
- Funnel Spin
- The MarbleLympics Showdown will see the Minty Maniacs return to a ML-related competition after previously withdrawing from participation in ML2019 Qualifiers. They will be the first team to come out of "retirement".
- It is currently unknown what will happen to the four teams that do not place in the top eight and qualify for the ML2020 Qualifiers. This will be determined prior to the release of MS2019.
- Originally, 5m Sprint was going to be an event featured, but it was instead replaced with Collision.